Sunday, January 21, 2007

 

I'm Sorry

I'm sorry/
So sorry/
Please expect/
My lobotomy...

--Old Jukebox Number


Someday I'll write something I've been planning in my head for many years. It will simply be one apology after another, detailing specific humiliations brought on himself by the narrator.
The constant refrain wil be "Sorry, sorry, sorry."

Saul Bellow actually did this in a novella called "Him With His Foot In His Mouth." It takes the form of a letter the writer of the letter has no intention of sending to the person to whom it is addressed; a woman he slighted thirty years earlier.

Sorry, folks, but I have to post this entry. I'll leave you with a quotation from Brenda (Little Miss Dynamite) Lee:

Wuh/
Uh/
Uh-oh/
Uh-oh/
Oh yeh...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?