Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 

Commentary Track

Hi, this is Del Whitsun, and I directed LADIES, PLEASE!

And I'm Teilhard De Har Donn, who played Saccharine. Oh, oh! Snarl's Gate Films! Del, tell us how Snarl's Gate got involved in this.

Hobleigh Hummerbun saw my short at Moondown. He mentioned it to Tracy Skidaddle, who worked with my Mom on SIX MAIDS ON A MAIDENHEAD --

Your Mom was in that? Which one was -- ? Was she the one who kissed the dust bunny?

That was Sheila Shelaylah.

You mean from I FATHERED YOUR FORBEARS?

Yeah.

That was my baby sister's favorite show!

No kidding?

So your Mom worked with the neighbor from I FATHERED YOUR FORBEARS?

Yes, and Hobleigh had contacted Mom years before after she did SIX MAIDS and he almost signed her onto WINGS OF WOMBATS, but they just became air-kiss acquaintances and he called her after Moondown. They started talking about which was Mom's favorite film and she said she'd just seen some of my shorts --

I've only seen the top part.

Teilhard! So, later, Tracy Skidaddle mentioned my short.

Which short?

The one that won.

Which one won one what?

PRINT THE LEGEND won best short.

Okay? I haven't heard of it.

Well, what were you? Thirteen?

I was if it was 2000?

Okay, so it was 2001. You were thirteen for part of that, unless you were born on January 1st.

I was born on Bastille Day.

I don't know when that was.

It was before either of us was born.

So was the 4th of July.

Yes, originally. Oh! It's the Frisbee scene! I hated that dog!

Well that was Tina's dog.

Tina? Who? Tina Who?

Tina of key grip fame.

The hound was her dog?

Yes. We had to put tangerine fruit roll on the part of the Frisbee with the lettering so "Wham-O" wouldn't show.

Wham what?

We didn't want Wham-O to sue.

Who the fuck is Wham-O?

Wham-O ran Enron in the sixties...WHEN THIS TAKES PLACE!

So the dog was such a pain in the nads because you couldn't get it to bite the right side of the Frisbee?

Corbett Smills! What a stroke of luck.

Corbett liked that dog, didn't he?

He let him hump his leg.

That's disgusting. You know why I hated that dog? Do you know what it was about that dog I despised?

Corbett inhabited the Park Ranger part, I just want to say.

No pigmentation in the irises. Like a damn Wegman dog. A normal person doesn't trust those animals.

I wanted a Golden Retriever but we'd have had to sign a release and we were running out of light. Tina had Randy in the van.

Did she sign a release at some point?

She still hasn't. Don't tell Snarl's Gate! Oh! The End.

We've been talking all this time? Did we illuminate?

Well, Teilhard, it's been a pleasure. What's next for you?

Looping.

Anything else?

Just my thanks. Del's an auteur, movie fans.

Want to see my Director's cut?

Action!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?