Friday, June 30, 2006

 

Hope I Can Trust You

I was wondering what to write tonight when I opened an email which solved the problem. It's reproduced below, and underneath it is my take on it. Here goes:

Subject: Hope I can Trust You
From: Shadak Sherrif

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry
for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday.
My name is
SHADAK
SHERIFF a merchant in Dubai, in
the U.A.E.I have been
diagnosed
with
Esophageal cancer. It has defiled all forms of medical
treatment,
and right now. I have only about a few months to
live,
according to medical
experts. I have not particularly
Lived my life so
well, as I never
really cared for anyone (not even myself) but my
business.
Though I am
very rich, I was never generous, I was always
hostile to
people and
only focused on my business as that was the
only
thing I cared for But
now I regret all this as I
now know that there
is more to life than
just wanting to have make all the money in the
world.
I believe when
God gives me a second chance to come
to this
world I would live my
life
a different way from how I have lived it.
Now that God has called
me, I
have willed and given most of my
property and
assets to my
immediate
and extended family members as
well as a few
close friends.
I want God
to be merciful to me and
accept my soul so,
I have decided
to give alms
to charity
organizations, as I
Want this to be one of the
last good
deeds I do
on earth. So far, I have
distributed money to
some charity
organizations in the U.A.E, Algeria
and Malaysia. Now
that my health
has deteriorated so badly, I cannot
do this myself
anymore. I once
asked members of my family to close one
of my
accounts and
distribute
themoney which.
I have there to charity
organization in
Bulgaria and
Pakistan; they refused and kept the money
tothemselves.
Hence, I do
not trust them anymore, as they
seem not to be contended
with what I
have left for them.
The last of my money
which no one
knows of is the
hugecash deposit of eighteen million
dollars
$18,000,000,00
that I have with a finance company abroad. I
will
wantyou to help me go
there and collect this deposit and
dispatched it
to charity
organizations.I have set aside 10% for you
and for your
time. Please
get back to me as soon as possible so that
i can furnish
youwith the
Relevant documents and to get a proof of
myself to you.
My family are really working to see that this great
Dream of mine
reaming a thing of
Thought. Best regards as I wait
Your
quick
response.
Reply to this
Email in my personal mail : shadak.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm leaving out his email address, because I'm sure a number of readers already have it and are now each safeguarding ten per cent of this dying man's hard-earned lucre.

What should I reply to Shadak Sheriff? Should I suggest to him that what's made in Dubai stay in Dubai? Should I compliment him on the poetry of his phrase, "reaming a thing of Thought?"
Or should I suggest that the Ugandan General's widow who emailed me last week has my bank account at her disposal?

I should certainly thank him for his bit of verse. But if I contact him, he may spend more time emailing me, and, from what I can tell, he barely has time to draw a breath, let alone a sum from my account.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?