Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

Never Eat Anything Which Was Alive During Teddy Roosevelt's Administration

I've always avoided turtle soup.
But I've been avoiding it for the lesser of two reasons. Up until a few minutes ago, when I sat bolt upright with realization, I'd always avoided eating turtle soup for the simple reason that it's probably really gross, with brown gelatinous packing, if it comes from a can, which, probably, even in restaurants, it does.
But they recently announced the death of a turtle which had been around since before the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
Now, granted, the average infant is fed food either grown or born before he himself came into existence, and, if the average cow is about eleven at the time of slaughter, a lot of kids are eating their elders.
But a middle-aged man (and I won't be middle-aged too much longer) shouldn't be eating something his own great-great-grandfather might have thrown a stick at before the Empire State Building was built.
That's just wrong.
It's baby carrots for me from now on.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?