Sunday, November 19, 2006

 

No Title

Back in college I thought of a funny title for a book a character in a novel of mine might try to write:
IMPROMPTU GUIDE TO METHODOLOGY IN RESEARCH.
I never wrote the novel, so I never created a character who tried to write a book with that title.
The title came to me when I was in the college library, stunned at the number of books with tongue-twisting titles.
I decided the character in my novel would be dreaming of writing his book for years.
I've been trying to write a book with a character who tries to write a book. I've taken years to do this and haven't done it and my character is supposed to take years doing what he wants to do and neither of us has done it. My character is ahead of me, in fact, because he has a title and I don't.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?