Saturday, January 13, 2007

 

Titles and Descriptions

Here are some books I haven't written yet:

HIGH DUDGEON--A novel in the style of Wodehouse.

PERSONS FROM PORLOCK--About people who make the main character forget what he's trying to do; the joke being that Coleridge never finished writing "Kubla-Kahn" because his butler came in as he was scribbling and told him that there were "persons from Porlock" at the door.

THE MATERIALIST--A confession.

SEPARATIST(S)--A play in several separate acts.

ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE--A story to be written as if English were not my native tongue.

FOREIGN AS A SECOND LANGUAGE--A double-take.

THE FOREIGN-AMERICAN--A memoir.

SIBLING RIBALDRY--Brotherly wit.

AMERICA IS TURNING INTO CANADA--An objective report.

THE HORSEY SET--Auchincloss's world seen from far away.

DOMEDARY DOMECILES--A phrase I first read while dimly perceiving the above-mentioned world as I scanned the Social Register. A Domedary Domecile (and it may be "Dromedary Domecile," but I can't remember and am too lethargic to go downstairs and lift up my family's extremely bulky "Webster's 2nd") is a house-boat. I used to work at a place which bought used books from people who had copies of the Social Register. I have lived!

GOOD POVERTY--An appeal.

THE ROAD TO MACCA--A story I wrote one night and lost when I pressed "Done." I'll re-write it if I ever again get the inspiration.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?